Make easy chicken verde enchiladas in just 20 minutes
Being a mom is a full-time job, and when dinnertime rolls around, moms need dinners that are simple and easy. These chicken verde enchiladas are one of my go-to weekday recipes, and everyone in my family likes them.
Instead of using chicken I have to prepare myself, I grab a rotisserie chicken from my local grocery store and shred it for the filling. I also add in some cheddar that makes these enchiladas nice and cheesy when they come out of the oven. By adding cream to green salsa, this sauce turns rich and creamy as it bakes in the oven. These are so easy and so good for a quick dinner. I always serve these enchiladas with black beans and rice, but feel free to serve it alongside anything your family enjoys.
Easy chicken verde enchiladas recipe
Corn tortillas are filled with shredded rotisserie chicken and cheese, covered in a creamy green salsa and baked until the cheese has melted. Garnish with any desired toppings, like salsa, fresh cilantro and sliced jalapeños. These enchiladas are perfect when paired with Mexican rice, black beans or even vegetables.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Bake time: 10 minutes | Total time: 20 minutes
- 8 corn tortillas
- 2 rotisserie chicken breasts, shredded
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup salsa verde (green salsa)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F, and spray a casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- On a flat surface, lay the corn tortillas out flat.
- Divide the shredded chicken and the cheese among the tortillas, and sprinkle with fresh ground pepper.
- Roll up each tortilla, and place them in the casserole dish.
- In a bowl, combine the heavy whipping cream and the salsa verde. Mix well, and pour over the enchiladas.
- Bake uncovered for 8 to 10 minutes or until the cheese starts to melt inside the tortillas.
- Remove from the oven, and serve warm.