Slow Cooker Sunday: Cranberry barbecue pulled pork sliders
It took me a long time to fall in love with my slow cooker. There's something about dealing with meat first thing in the morning, when I'd rather still be drinking my coffee, that just didn't appeal to me.
With this recipe, though, I let the slow cooker do its thing overnight and woke up to the most succulent, fall-off-the-bone pork, with the delicious smell of cranberries and barbecue sauce permeating the house. Way better than dealing with a 5-pound hunk of raw meat at 8 a.m. any day.
Barbecue sauce and cranberries are really the perfect combination. The smoky sweetness of the barbecue sauce goes so well with the tart pop from the fresh cranberries. It's a simple and festive dinner that's prepped and ready in no time and that everyone will love.
Slow cooker cranberry barbecue pulled pork sliders recipe
This slow cooker pork is prepped in just 5 minutes. Eight hours later, you have a sweet, smoky and tart dinner ready to be piled high onto a slider bun.
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 8-10 hours | Total time: 8 hours 5 minutes-10 hours 5 minutes
- 5-pound pork shoulder, bone-in
- Salt and pepper
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- 4 slider buns
- Chopped green onion, for garnish
- Season the pork generously with salt and pepper, and place it into the slow cooker.
- Pour the broth, barbecue sauce and cranberries on top.
- Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours, until the pork is falling off the bone.
- Remove the pork from the slow cooker, and shred it. Return the shredded pork to the slow cooker, and toss in the cooking liquid.
- Pile the pork onto a slider bun, garnish with chopped green onions, and serve.