These delicious cookies are made simple thanks to starting with a brownie mix. With flavor enhancers like pumpkin and dark chocolate cocoa powder, the taste and texture are unbelievable. Add in some pumpkin and white chocolate baking chips, and these cookies are sure to be your new favorite.
These cookies are a must-make for Thanksgiving, and if you have kids, they will love them. My little boy went crazy over these cookies, and they were perfect for him to eat because they are super soft and pillowlike. Plus, the two different baking chips, pumpkin and white chocolate are an incredible combination.
These cookies are simple to make because the base is a brownie mix, but here are a few tips that will ensure your cookies work out perfectly:
- Don’t skip the chilling. You absolutely must chill these cookies at least 8 hours — and preferably overnight — or they will spread when you bake them and become nearly impossible to remove from the baking tray.
- Make sure to use the right size of brownie mix. Check the ounces on the box, and make sure you get one that is 19.8 ounces. Otherwise these cookies will likely spread and not work.
- If the cookies are still a little too wet after all the ingredients are mixed together and the dough has been chilled, then add in a few more tablespoons of flour until you reach a cookie consistency. Everyone measures their flour a little bit differently, so if the dough is too wet, then that may be why. If you do need to add more flour, do it a tablespoon at a time, and make sure to thoroughly mix it before adding more.
- Line your cookie sheet with parchment paper to keep these from sticking and being hard to remove once they are baked.
I hope you all enjoy these delicious cookies as much as we did.
Dark chocolate pumpkin cookies with pumpkin chips recipe
These dark chocolate pumpkin cookies have a fun surprise — they are stuffed with pumpkin and white chocolate chips. These cookies aren’t hard to make; the only catch is waiting for them to chill.
Prep time: 20 minutes | Bake time: 8-10 minutes I Inactive time: 8 hours | Total time: 8 hours 30 minutes
- 1 (19.8 ounce) box brownie mix
- 1/4 cup white flour
- 1/8 cup dark chocolate cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup pumpkin baking chips
- In a large bowl, beat together the brownie mix, flour, dark chocolate cocoa powder, pumpkin, water, eggs and pumpkin pie spice until completely combined.
- Stir in the pumpkin and white baking chips. If the dough is very wet, then add in a few additional tablespoons of flour, mixing in 1 tablespoon at a time and completely incorporating it into the dough.
- Transfer the dough to an airtight container, and chill it for at least 8 hours and preferably overnight. (This is essential.)
- Once the dough is completely chilled, line a tray with parchment paper, and scoop the dough with a cookie scoop onto the tray about 2 inches apart from one another.
- Bake in a 350-degree F oven for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and allow the cookies to “cook” for another 2 minutes while on the tray.
- Transfer the cookies to a wire cooling rack.