Gluten-free, vegan and delicious almond cream dessert
If there's one way to enjoy super-healthy, gluten-free food, then this almond cream dessert has got to be the one.
Don't you just hate it when you see an incredibly delicious-looking dessert and realize later you aren't allowed to eat it? Well, this dessert is good for almost everyone. It's gluten-free, vegan and even kid-friendly. Another great thing about it is that it is rich in omega-3s because of the chia seeds.
Almond cream with berries, pistachios and chia seeds recipe
Being a nondairy person, I always look for ways to enjoy desserts using dairy alternatives, one of which is almond milk. By just adding pure, gluten-free cornstarch, almond cream is made. It never tastes so great as when eaten with fresh berries, pistachios and chia seeds.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes | Inactive time: 15 minutes | Total time: 40 minutes
- 1 cup almond milk
- 3 tablespoons pure, gluten-free cornstarch
- Sugar (optional, if the almond milk is unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup mixed fresh berries
- 2 tablespoons crushed pistachios
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- In a small bowl, dilute the cornstarch with a little bit of the almond milk, and then set it aside.
- Into a small saucepan over low heat, pour the remaining almond milk.
- Gradually mix together the cornstarch mixture and sugar (if using), whisking continuously.
- When it becomes creamy, turn off the heat, and let the almond cream cool down.
- Distribute the almond cream into serving glasses.
- Top with the berries, pistachios and chia seeds, and serve.