Anyone who knows me knows I love my coffee, especially the seasonal flavors. Every year, just like everyone else, I eagerly await the PSL — or Pumpkin Spice Latte — to arrive at my coffee shop. I love the hint of pumpkin flavor I get with each sip and the spiciness of the cinnamon. I also happen to love making homemade granola, and thought, why not combine these two ideas into one amazingly delicious treat?
The flavors of this cinnamon pumpkin spice latte granola are not overpowering but enough to really make you go, “Wow, that’s good!” It makes a fantastic gift, is wonderful over yogurt with fresh pears or apples or just eaten by the handful. Save your money at the coffee shop, and snack on this healthy treat instead.
Cinnamon pumpkin spice latte granola recipe
This homemade granola was inspired by my favorite seasonal coffee and infused with the flavors of pumpkin, cinnamon and coffee. This also makes a great gift when packaged in Mason jars or cute gift bags.
Prep time: 20 minutes | Bake time: 40 minutes | Inactive time: 1 hour | Total time: 2 hours
- 2 cups gluten-free or regular rolled oats
- 1/4 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie seasoning
- 1 packet instant coffee (I used 1 Starbucks VIA packet)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar or brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F, and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To a large bowl, add the oats, pumpkin seeds, coffee packet, cinnamon and salt. Using your hands, toss the oats to mix.
- To a separate bowl, add the pumpkin puree, coconut oil, vanilla, syrup and coconut sugar. Mix, and drizzle the wet ingredients on top of the dry oats.
- Mix the granola very well to ensure all the oats are evenly coated. Spread the oats in a single layer on the baking sheet, and bake for about 40 minutes, turning every 10 to 15 minutes so it doesn’t burn.
- Remove the granola from the oven, and allow it to cool for 1 hour.
- Transfer to an airtight container for up to a week.
More homemade granola recipes
Easy no-bake granola
Millet tahini granola