3 Big-batch cocktails to get your family buzzed this fall
For many, the thought of spending the holidays with extended family is enough reason to pop open that bottle of wine and chug it without a glass. As much as I totally don't blame you, why not drink your sorrows with a fancier cocktail instead?
These big-batch cocktails will make handling your creepy uncle, your narcissistic sister and your nagging mother-in-law so much easier. Or you'll just be drunk, so then you won't care! Even better, right?
1. Bourbon-cranberry jingle juice recipe
Bourbon, cider and juice — what's not to love? This holiday-inspired cocktail is the perfect big-batch drink for any family gathering.
Total time: 5 minutes
- 16 ounces cranberry juice
- 32 ounces apple cider
- 12 ounces bourbon (I used Old Forester)
- 2-3 cinnamon sticks
- 1-1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- 2 apples, sliced
- In a large pitcher, mix the cranberry juice, apple cider and bourbon.
- Stir in the cinnamon sticks, sliced apples and cranberries. Serve over ice.
2. Sparkling pomegranate and rosemary spritzer recipe
Did you know you can put rosemary into a drink? Because you can, and it'll be a game changer. This spritzy cocktail is a dream for any Christmas or New Year's party and will surprise all your guests.
Total time: 8-10 minutes
- 2 cups mixed berry juice
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 2 bottles Champagne
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 1/3 cup pomegranate arils
- 1 pint blueberries
- In a large pitcher, mix together the juices.
- Before serving, add in the Champagne, rosemary, pomegranate and blueberries.
3. Spiced red wine sangria with fall fruit recipe
Sangria isn't just for summer, friends! This amazing sangria is perfect for wintertime and is full of fall vegetables like figs, cranberries and pears. You'll want this while you're under the mistletoe, trust me.
Total time: 8 minutes
- 2 bottles good dry red wine (I used Estancia Pinot Noir)
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups ginger ale
- 2 cups club soda
- 2 cups cranberries
- 1 pear, sliced
- 1 apple, sliced
- 6 figs, sliced
- 1 lemon, cut in half
- In a large pitcher, mix together all the ingredients.
- Serve chilled.