How to make a turkey cheese ball (VIDEO)
On Thanksgiving, your guests will be eagerly awaiting the main event of the day: the turkey. While they wait, treat them to a deliciously festive appetizer that looks just like a turkey.
Inspired by Michelle Buffardi's Great Balls of Cheese, this turkey cheese ball appetizer is adorable and simply perfect for the holidays. It's a great way to give your guests a quick bite to eat before the main courses come out. They probably came hungry, anyway! This dish is easy to make, and although it requires about an hour in the fridge, you can work on the rest of your tasty Thanksgiving meal while you wait. Serve the dish with crackers, and let your guests dig in.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, plus extra for decorating
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch cayenne powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans, chopped coarse (set aside some whole pecans)
- Oval crackers
- Orange and yellow color gel frosting
- 1 long slice red bell pepper, for turkey's head
Watch the video for the full directions.