My youngest son loves takeout teriyaki chicken, but not only does it get costly eating out, I also have no idea what ingredients are used in these dishes. I wanted to make something here at home that was delicious, inexpensive and healthier than restaurant versions.
This chicken has only three ingredients, turned out juicy and, most important, was very tasty for my son. I used organic chicken, which I diced and placed into my slow cooker along with all-natural teriyaki sauce and fresh, diced pineapple. It smelled amazing as it cooked, and I found the chicken to be handy for other meal ideas. I would suggest serving this over steamed brown rice or quinoa, shredding it for salads or wraps or serving it alongside a big bowl of freshly steamed veggies.
3-Ingredient slow cooker pineapple teriyaki chicken recipe
Organic chicken breast is diced and combined with all-natural teriyaki sauce and fresh diced pineapple, then slow-cooked for a healthy, no-hassle meal. Serve over steamed rice to complete this easy dinner.
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 6 hours | Total time: 6 hours 15 minutes
- 4 organic boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1-1/2 cups all-natural teriyaki sauce or any teriyaki sauce you desire
- 2 cups diced fresh pineapple
- Steamed white or brown rice, for serving
- Wash and pat dry the chicken breasts with paper towels.
- On a cutting board, dice the chicken into bite-sized pieces, and add them to the bowl of the slow cooker.
- Pour the teriyaki sauce on top of the chicken, and add the diced pineapple.
- Cover the slow cooker with the lid, and set to low for 6 hours.
- Once the chicken is done, remove it, and serve it over rice with steamed vegetables.
- Store any leftover chicken in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days.