If you want something different for dessert, and you want it to taste like it came from a chef’s kitchen, then try this recipe.
Bananas are available in the markets year-round, and they are one of the most common fruits that everyone loves. Raw or cooked, it doesn’t matter — bananas are delicious. But let me show you this baked dessert. You wouldn’t think it is one of the easiest recipes to make. Tasty ingredients go all together in one foil-wrapped package that bakes quickly while making the kitchen smell delicious.
Foil-baked bananas with chocolate and rum recipe
If I can recommend a good banana dessert, then this one has everything we are all looking for. It’s very easy to prepare, and it doesn’t require too much time and effort. Just put the ingredients together, wrap and bake. It’s best enjoyed with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Bake time: 10 minutes | Total time: 20 minutes
- 2 big or 4 medium bananas, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 2 tablespoons chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Ground cinnamon, to taste
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream (or other desired flavor)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the bananas on a sheet of aluminum foil.
- Pour the rum on top of the bananas, and then add the chocolate, cinnamon and sugar.
- Seal the aluminum foil around the bananas.
- Bake the bananas for 10 minutes.
- To serve, unwrap the aluminum foil, and top with vanilla ice cream.