Horseradish hash browns are a luxurious breakfast any day of the week
When I was growing up, my dad would eat horseradish on almost everything. He would throw it onto eggs, add it to mashed potatoes and always drop it into his bloody mary. The best part about horseradish is that it's spicy without being too overpowering.
I kept it simple by throwing hot horseradish into some hash browns and then topping them with super-crispy bacon and an ooey, gooey fried egg. It's breakfast at its finest.
Horseradish hash browns topped with fried egg recipe
This super-flavorful morning dish is packed full of horseradish, crispy bacon and a fried egg. It's perfect for breakfast, brunch or even dinner.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes | Total time: 40 minutes
- 6 thick slices bacon, chopped
- 1 package refrigerated hash browns
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon hot horseradish
- 4 large eggs, fried
- To a large skillet set over medium heat, add the chopped bacon, and cook until crispy.
- Remove the bacon, and leave 2 tablespoons of bacon grease in the pan.
- Add in the hash browns, and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook until golden brown.
- Stir in the horseradish.
- To serve, divide the hash browns among 4 plates, and top each plate with equal amounts of bacon and 1 fried egg.
For tons of great recipes, like our I page on Facebook.