Chocolate-peppermint mug cake that's just perfect for one
You know what I love most about mug cake? It's perfect for just one, and I can make it in under five minutes. I added a little peppermint extract to jazz it up for the holidays. Chocolate and peppermint are the ultimate Christmas flavors.
You can top your cake with a little powdered sugar or spread on some frosting. The choice is yours, but I won't lie — frosting is my favorite.
Chocolate-peppermint mug cake for one recipe
This chocolate mug cake is ready in less than five minutes and the perfect size for just one. Top with powdered sugar or a little dollop of frosting for an extra-sweet treat. Just make sure your mug is large enough, as this cake will rise during cooking.
Prep time: 2 minutes | Cook time: 2 minutes | Total time: 4 minutes
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoons whole milk
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon pure mint extract
- Powdered sugar or frosting, for topping (optional)
- In a large mug (or in a small bowl), mix together the all-purpose flour, dark brown sugar, cocoa powder and baking soda.
- Add in the milk, vegetable oil, white vinegar and pure mint extract.
- Place in the microwave, and cook on high for 2 minutes. The cake will rise while cooking, so make sure your mug is big enough to handle the rising without spilling over.
- Remove from the microwave, and eat it plain, or top it with powdered sugar or frosting, if desired.