21 Stuffed French toast recipes you can't get enough of
Did you know French toast recipes can be traced back to ancient Roman times? Known as "pain à la Romaine," it was a food of the rich when cooked with almond milk and expensive spices.
French toast is known as many things in a variety of countries, but make sure that when you're traveling to France to order it by its real name, "pain perdu"! A staple in American breakfasts and sometimes even as dessert, French toast can be as simple or as decadent as you'd like it to be. Today, we're going with decadent, stuffed French toast recipes.
1. Cannoli-stuffed French toast recipe
Blog: Two Peas & Their Pod
If you love cannoli, then this recipe for cannoli-stuffed French toast is the ideal thing to wake up to.
2. Mascarpone-stuffed French toast with cranberries recipe
Grab some seasonal cranberries, and make this mascarpone-stuffed French toast with cranberries.
3. Biscoff-raspberry stuffed French toast recipe
Blog: Something Swanky
Biscoff, or any other cookie spread, works well in this Biscoff-raspberry stuffed French toast.
4. Nutella French toast roll-ups recipe
Nutella French toast roll-ups are like tiny logs of stuffed French toast, perfect for kids and little hands. No fork needed!
5. Bourbon-banana nut stuffed French toast recipe
Blog: Country Cleaver
For the bourbon lovers in your family, wake them up with this bourbon-banana nut stuffed French toast.
6. Mexican-style stuffed French toast recipe
Mexican-style stuffed French toast, a savory twist on a breakfast classic.
7. Mascarpone-strawberry stuffed French toast recipe
Blog: A Family Feast
Light Italian cheese and fresh berries make this mascarpone-strawberry stuffed French toast just divine.
8. Chocolate stout cheesecake stuffed French toast recipe
Blog: The Beeroness
Any beer lovers out there? Whip up this chocolate stout cheesecake stuffed French toast — a decadent brunch treat.
9. Buttermilk French toast stuffed with golden plum cream cheese recipe
Blog: Katie's Cucina
The combination of sweet French toast with savory cheeses makes this buttermilk French toast stuffed with golden plum cream cheese recipe a must-try.
10. Nutella-stuffed baked French toast recipe
Blog: The Little Kitchen
Nutella-stuffed baked French toast is an awesome recipe to make the night before and bake the morning of for a special treat.
11. 9-Spice rum banana stuffed French toast with mango-maple syrup recipe
Blog: Flanboyant Eats
This 9-spice rum banana stuffed French toast with mango-maple syrup will bring you straight to the tropics — without needing a passport.
12. Banana bread French toast with Nutella cream cheese recipe
Blog: Hungry Food Love
Instead of regular bread, bake up a loaf of banana bread, and make this gorgeous banana bread French toast with Nutella cream cheese.
13. Challah French toast stuffed with boozy cranberries recipe
Blog: Mango & Tomato
Grab some cranberries, and celebrate the season with this challah French toast stuffed with boozy cranberries.
14. Chocolate-stuffed panettone French toast with orange syrup recipe
Blog: Grab a Plate
We're loving this chocolate-stuffed panettone French toast with orange syrup. It's citrusy sweet, deliciously light and uses the Italian bread panettone.
15. Lemon-mascarpone stuffed vanilla bean French toast with raspberry sauce recipe
Blog: Pineapple & Coconut
How gorgeous does this lemon-mascarpone stuffed vanilla bean French toast with raspberry sauce look? We love the addition of the berry sauce.
16. Nutella-stuffed pumpkin French toast recipe
Blog: I Am a Food Blog
Nutella-stuffed pumpkin French toast — a perfectly seasonal way to include pumpkin in your breakfast.
17. Apple pie-stuffed French toast recipe
Blog: Pass the Sushi
This apple pie-stuffed French toast has us thinking, what other pies can we stuff into French toast?
18. Baked stuffed orange French toast recipe
Blog: Foodie Crush
Easier than making individual French toasts for the family, make this baked stuffed orange French toast in one swoop.
19. Dulce de leche and cream cheese stuffed French toast recipe
Blog: My Colombian Recipes
The addition of dulce de leche makes this dulce de leche and cream cheese stuffed French toast recipe a treat perfect for the weekend.
20. Banana-stuffed challah French toast recipe
Blog: Little Ferraro Kitchen
One of our favorite fruits — bananas — makes this recipe for banana-stuffed challah French toast a morning favorite.
21. Strawberry-mascarpone stuffed French toast recipe
Blog: Nutmeg Nanny
A classic combination of berries and Italian cheese, this strawberry-mascarpone stuffed French toast looks like something sent from the foodie heavens.