21 Gnocchi recipes using more than just potatoes
Gnocchi — better known in the culinary world as "tiny clouds" — are typically made with potatoes. Let's explore new ways to incorporate other vegetables and flavors into the dough to create some amazing gnocchi plus some delectable sauces and toppings too.
A traditional Italian pasta made classically from semolina flour, potatoes and eggs, gnocchi is total comfort food and perfect for the fall and winter seasons. Warm up this season with large bowls of these fluffy gnocchi recipes with a twist.
1. Pumpkin gnocchi with hazelnut brown butter recipe
Blog: Foodie Crush
This pumpkin gnocchi with hazelnut brown butter screams fall, and it's perfect for a romantic date night with your special someone.
2. Beetroot ricotta gnocchi recipe
Blog: Farmgirl Gourmet
Dig up some beets, and make this colorful beetroot ricotta gnocchi.
3. Homemade sweet potato gnocchi with a Gruyère cream sauce recipe
Sweet potatoes are a great replacement for regular white potatoes in this sweet potato gnocchi with a Gruyère cream sauce.
4. Whole-wheat carrot gnocchi with peas, butternut squash and ricotta recipe
Blog: Eats Well with Others
Try this whole-wheat carrot gnocchi with peas, butternut squash and ricotta for dinner on the weekends. Make it a family project in which everyone can get their hands dirty.
5. Beet-goat cheese gnocchi in rosemary and sage butter sauce recipe
Blog: Always Order Dessert
Sage and rosemary come together in this beet-goat cheese gnocchi in rosemary and sage butter sauce to make the perfect herb combination for this gnocchi.
6. Sweet potato gnocchi with Bolognese sauce recipe
Blog: Running to the Kitchen
A hearty sauce makes these sweet potato gnocchi with Bolognese a hit with the entire family.
7. Spinach and ricotta gnocchi recipe
Blog: Chocolate Moosey
This light and fluffy spinach and ricotta gnocchi recipe is the perfect way to get your kids to eat spinach — make it look fun.
8. Greek yogurt gnocchi with spicy pesto recipe
Blog: The Spiffy Cookie
Lighten up traditional gnocchi by using Greek yogurt, like in this Greek yogurt gnocchi with spicy pesto recipe.
9. Ham and cheese gnocchi recipe
Blog: Kevin & Amanda
A classic combination, ham and cheese come together to create this delicious ham and cheese gnocchi recipe.
10. Gnocchi with buttered sage and poppy seeds recipe
Sprinkling crunchy poppy seeds adds color and texture to this gnocchi with buttered sage and poppy seeds.
11. Chicken, bacon and pumpkin gnocchi recipe
Blog: Nutmeg Nanny
A luscious pumpkin cream sauce makes this chicken, bacon and pumpkin gnocchi irresistible.
12. Pumpkin, sage and sausage baked gnocchi recipe
Blog: Country Cleaver
Need a casserole to bring to a get-together? We're thinking this pumpkin, sage and sausage baked gnocchi is your best bet.
13. Pan-toasted brown butter gnocchi with grilled corn and scallions recipe
Blog: How Sweet It Is
Light and tasty, this pan-toasted brown butter gnocchi with grilled corn and scallions is the perfect use for sweet corn and fresh herbs.
14. Baked gnocchi mac 'n' cheese recipe
Baking the pasta makes for a great quick meal! Make this baked gnocchi mac 'n' cheese with a side salad, and dinner is on the table in under an hour.
15. Gnocchi and bacon gratin with garlic béchamel recipe
Blog: Lauren's Latest
Tossing fluffy gnocchi in a garlic béchamel adds tons of flavor, like in this gnocchi and bacon gratin with garlic béchamel.
16. Pancetta and sweet pea brown butter gnocchi recipe
Blog: Picky Palate
Sweet peas pair perfectly with the pancetta in this pancetta and sweet pea brown butter gnocchi.
17. One-pot vegetable and Parmesan gnocchi recipe
Boil the pasta and vegetables in one pot, toss with Alfredo sauce, and you've got this easy one-pot vegetable and Parmesan gnocchi.
18. Gnocchi with brown butter cream sauce and kale recipe
Blog: The Little Kitchen
Brown butter makes everything better, like in this gnocchi with brown butter cream sauce and kale.
19. Creamy bacon Gorgonzola gnocchi recipe
Blog: Foodie with Family
Bacon and Gorgonzola go hand in hand in this creamy bacon Gorgonzola gnocchi packed with intense but delicious flavors.
20. Wild mushroom gnocchi soup recipe
Warm up on a chilly night by tossing gnocchi into your soups, like in this wild mushroom gnocchi soup recipe.
21. Crispy gnocchi with pastrami ragu recipe
Blog: Fifteen Spatulas
If you or your husband loves pastrami, then you're going to love crispy gnocchi with pastrami ragu. It's the perfect hearty meal for cold days.