Frozen yogurt banana split is your new go-to low-cal dessert
I'm a fan of frozen desserts all year-round — I don't care if it's 20 degrees or 80 degrees out. In fact, I often eat more ice cream, Froyo and smoothies in the winter than I do in the summer. Probably because I can hide under my sweatshirts and don't care as much about my weight.
But this decadent banana split only looks fattening. In fact, it's actually really low fat (which means I don't have to hide in sweatshirts — hurrah!). In place of ice cream, I used frozen yogurt, low-fat whipped cream and bittersweet chocolate. It tastes like it should have 10,000 calories, but it doesn't. Isn't that just every girl's dream?
Frozen yogurt banana split recipe
You won't feel nearly as guilty about indulging in this healthier take on a banana split. Enjoy!
Total time: 5-10 minutes
- 2 ripe yet firm bananas, peeled and cut in half vertically
- 1 cup frozen Greek yogurt
- 4 tablespoons cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup fat-free whipped cream
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons melted bittersweet chocolate
- Chocolate chips for garnish
- To make the splits, layer the bananas in 2 shallow bowls. Top each banana slice with 1/2 cup of frozen yogurt. Then top each with 2 tablespoons of cherry pie filling, 1/4 cup of whipped cream, 1-1/2 tablespoons of chopped walnuts, chocolate chips for garnish and about 1 tablespoon of melted chocolate.
- Serve chilled and immediately.