How to make the easiest omelet ever (VIDEO)
Omelets are a traditional breakfast food everyone enjoys. I don't know about you, but sometimes I struggle to get the omelet just right. With this how-to video, you'll never have to struggle with making the perfect omelet ever again.
You can choose whatever filling you want for your omelet. We used turkey sausage, green onions, red bell peppers and mushrooms in ours, but the possibilities are endless. Combine a few meats, or make it vegetarian. Either way, it's sure to be delicious!
- 2 whole eggs plus 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons nonfat milk
- Dash garlic powder
- Dash crushed rosemary seasoning
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cooked turkey sausage links, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- Mushrooms, sliced
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Dice the vegetables.
- Cook the turkey sausage.
- Sauté the vegetables in 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Set aside the fillings, keeping them warm.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, egg white, garlic powder, rosemary and milk.
- Beat until a pale yellow color forms and the mixture is light and fluffy.
- To an 8- to 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Once the oil is hot, pour in the egg mixture, and immediately turn down the heat to low.
- As the omelet begins to set, lift an edge with a spatula, and tilt the skillet so the runny portion can run underneath and begin to set.
- Repeat on the opposite side.
- Once the omelet has set, place the cheese on the half closest to the skillet's handle.
- Add the sautéed vegetables and turkey sausage on top of the cheese.
- Gently shake the skillet, then tilt it away from you, and allow the omelet to slide.
- Using a spatula, carefully fold over the remaining half of the omelet, and gently slide it onto a plate.