Hassle-free overnight apple walnut oatmeal recipe
For this super quick and easy breakfast I used regular rolled oats and combined them with pantry staples I had on hand such as apple cider, maple syrup and walnuts. Since the oats are soaked overnight they are meant to grab and eat cold. Not a fan of cold oats? No problem — just pop the jar (minus the lid) in the microwave a few minutes.
Easy apple walnut overnight oats
Make this quick and easy breakfast the night before and wake to up a filling breakfast that is meant to be eaten straight from the jar.
Prep time 10 minutes / Chill time 12 hours/ Total time approximately 12 hours
Yield 2 servings
- 2 clean microwave-safe half-pint sized jars with lids
- 2 cups uncooked rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk or skim milk
- 1/2 cup good quality apple cider
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon apple pie spice
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (for garnish)
- 1 small apple, diced (for garnish)
- In a mixing bowl combine the oats, almond milk, apple cider, maple syrup, vanilla and spices.
- Mix well and divide the oats between the 2 jars.
- Place the jars in the refrigerator overnight and chill.
- To serve remove from the refrigerator and shake vigorously to mix the oatmeal.
- Give the jar a good shake before removing the lid and garnish the oatmeal with chopped walnuts and fresh diced apples if desired.
- Serve chilled or you can warm in the microwave after removing the jar lid.