31 Recipes to make before October is over
We know fall is all pumpkin, pumpkin, pumpkin, but don't let that keep you away from other tasty seasonal ingredients. We're loving these recipes this autumn, and we think you will too.
1. Breakfast naan pizza
Pizza for breakfast is always a good idea, but it's even better when it's loaded with eggs and sausage.
2. Caramel apple pumpkin and bourbon mascarpone waffles
These pumpkin-apple waffles covered in bourbon caramel and mascarpone cheese could double as dessert, but we love them for a decadent fall breakfast.
3. Fall-inspired guacamole
There should definitely be a guacamole for every season, and this one with herbs and pomegranate has fall written all over it.
4. 3 Deliciously all-natural flavored roasted squash seeds
Squash seeds are the new pumpkin seeds, especially these sweet, savory and spicy versions.
5. Rustic fall vegetable galette
A fall vegetable galette is like a savory pie. What's not to love about that?
6. Cupcakes for lunch
Three words: Cupcakes for lunch. An entire meal turned into cupcakes. 3 savory + 1 sweet = best lunch ever.
7. Miniature veggie-filled macaroni and cheese cups
Thank goodness these mini mac 'n' cheese cups are packed with veggies... we won't feel so bad when we eat all 12 in one sitting.
8. Crispy tofu and kale pizza
This tofu and kale pizza looks a whole lot better than those frozen things you eat at your desk.
9. Chicken Caesar salad-stuffed pumpkin face
If you're going to eat chicken Caesar salad in October, it'd better be stuffed into a jack-o'-lantern.
10. One-pot orecchiette with sausage and peppers
Super-simple pasta with sausages and pepper? We call it a one-pot wonder for a reason.
11. Slow cooker Moroccan chowder
Let the slow cooker do the work for an easy Moroccan chowder full of spices and flavor.
12. Hasselback rutabaga with garlic butter sauce
We've all had hasselback potatoes (yum), so why not hasselback rutabagas?
13. One-dish spicy enchilada quinoa casserole
That one little dish is the only thing you have to wash after this amazing enchilada quinoa casserole.
14. Seared scallops with bacon Brussels sprouts
Scallops seared in butter and bacon fat... oh, never mind. We don't need to say anything else after bacon fat.
15. Spicy verde turkey chili over quinoa
It's chili, but it's switched up with quinoa and turkey and salsa verde. It's like chili's healthier cousin.
16. Spicy Sriracha udon noodle bowls
We can't not include a recipe loaded with Sriracha. These udon noodle bowls are packed with veggies and spice.
17. Apple cider pulled chicken (with ideas for leftovers)
The beauty of this slow cooker apple cider chicken (besides the lovely fall flavor) is that we've included two delicious recipes to make with the leftovers.
18. Black bean and mushroom posole
Don't be afraid to go meatless every once in a while. This might not be your mama's posole, but it's really, really good.
19. Cauliflower buns
The perfect low-carb burger is within reach with these buns made out of cauliflower.
20. Easy 3-ingredient pizza dough
Seriously, this is the easiest pizza dough. Ever.
21. One-pot Asian beef and vegetable stew
We do love our one-pot wonders, especially when it's stew full of Asian veggies and tender beef.
22. Cream cheese meatball fettuccine
In just 30 minutes, this glorious bowl of cream cheese meatball fettuccine can be yours.
23. Roasted pumpkin quinoa bowl
With pomegranate, spinach, roasted pumpkin and spicy feta, it's a quinoa bowl begging to be eaten in the fall.
24. Pumpkin pie in a pumpkin
Pumpkin pie in a pumpkin... it just makes sense.
25. Apple hand pie ice cream sandwich
Pie a la mode is so passé, right? These apple pie ice cream sandwiches know where it's at.
26. Browned butter pumpkin spice Rice Krispies treats
If you think Rice Krispies treats are just for kids, think again. Brown butter and pumpkin spice elevate these marshmallow treats to a whole new level.
27. White chocolate raspberry mug cake
For those rare occasions that you want a single serving of cake, mug cake is the way to go.
28. Gluten-free pear, honey and hazelnut tart
Pear, honey and hazelnuts combine in one beautiful gluten-free tart.
29. Starbucks copycat iced chai latte
You can stay in your PJs longer if you make copycat Starbucks iced chai lattes at home.
30. Slow cooker hot chocolate
Make a big batch of hot chocolate in the slow cooker and sip all day long. Don't forget the Nutella or the cookie butter. Mmm.
31. Red wine-poached pear Bellini
This red-wine poached pear Bellini might just be the most gorgeous cocktail you'll see all season.