Boozy cranberry-cider cocktail is your favorite holiday punch
Let's be real: The most important part of any holiday get-together, office party or family dinner is the booze. It's the first thing I think about when I enter the room (although the appetizer table is a close second), and I'm guessing I'm not alone. When you're forced to mingle with that awkward co-worker outside of work hours or get cornered by great-Aunt Sally for what feels like eternity, you had better have something good in your hand to sip on.
This holiday punch takes two classic fall favorites — cider and cranberry juice — and simmers them with cinnamon and honey before adding white rum to make things a little more interesting. With apple slices and fresh cranberries, it's like sangria meets cocktail in your glass.
Boozy cranberry-cider cocktail recipe
An easy fall-flavored cocktail perfect for the punch bowl at any holiday gathering.
Prep time: 2 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes | Inactive time: 45 minutes | Total time: 57 minutes
- 3 cups apple cider
- 3 cups cranberry juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 8 ounces white rum
- 1 apple, sliced
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- Ice cubes
- In a large saucepot over medium heat, combine the cider, cranberry juice and honey. Whisk, and bring to a simmer.
- Add the cinnamon sticks, and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, and let cool completely.
- Pour the mixture into a punch bowl.
- Add rum, apple slices, cranberries and ice cubes, and gently mix.