Macadamia nut cheese is the best vegan dairy-free snack
Even though I am not a vegan, I do eat a lot of vegan- and vegetarian-based foods in my diet. I love trying new things and experimenting with fun, new recipes, especially things like this super-easy vegan cheese. If you are a vegan or just want to try something different, then this nut-based cheese is an easy place to start.
This cheese is actually not cheese at all, and it's made strictly from raw, organic macadamia nuts. Yes, you read that right — nuts. What I love about this version is that while most nut cheeses require you to soak the nuts, this recipe does not, making it a very quick recipe to throw together. Its consistency resembles creamy ricotta cheese, and it's great for spreading or dipping.
Vegan macadamia nut cheese recipe
This dairy-free cheese is made from macadamia nuts and garnished with fresh herbs. It's perfect served with whole-grain crackers, toasted bread or fresh vegetables.
Total time: 10 minutes
- 1-1/2 cups raw, organic macadamia nuts
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup purified water
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 a lemon, juiced
- 1-2 tablespoons pure maple syrup, depending on desired sweetness
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- Fresh herbs, such as parsley or thyme, for garnish
- To a high-speed blender or food processor, add all the ingredients except for the herbs.
- Blend the mixture on high for 3 to 4 minutes or until the cheese is very smooth and creamy (and resembles whipped ricotta cheese).
- Place the nut cheese into a serving bowl, and garnish with fresh herbs.
- Serve with your favorite crackers, toast, bagels or fresh vegetables.
- Keep any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days.