How to make gourmet pickles in your fridge (VIDEO)
Transform your sandwich with some pretty gourmet pickles.
Whether you are making a sandwich or just in the mood for a snack, pickles are a must. Try a new take on the pickling process by adding some onions to the mixture. This simple additional step could really up your pickle game.
They keep for at least 3 months, so you can just make up a bunch and store them for later.
- 7 cups cucumbers, sliced thin
- 1 cup sliced onions
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- Bring the sugar, vinegar, salt and celery seeds to a boil.
- Let cool slightly.
- While the celery seed mixture is cooling, layer slices of cucumber and onion in your jar.
- Pour the still-warm mixture over the cucumbers and onions.
- Store in a covered jar in the refrigerator. Will keep for at least 3 months.