Chocolate and coffee go so well together that I paired them in a breakfast muffin. Every morning I wake up and brew a cup of coffee while watching the news. Right beside my coffee machine is a glass jar filled with chocolate. Chocolate that wants to be eaten first thing right alongside the coffee.
Well today, folks, I solved the problem by combining the two. Chocolate coffee crumble muffins will solve all your problems. OK, maybe not, but they sure solved my coffee and chocolate problem.
These are very delicate muffins but are perfect for a quick breakfast treat. You can even go the extra mile by adding a little chocolate syrup drizzle on top.
Chocolate chunk coffee crumble muffins recipe
Chocolate and coffee go hand in hand. Just nod, because you know you agree with me. It’s time these two meet in a nice, delicate muffin. Now go brew some coffee, and get ready for the best breakfast treat of your life.
Prep time: 8 minutes | Bake time: 22 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes
For the muffins
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1-1/2 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons brewed coffee
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chip morsels
For the crumble
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine all the muffin ingredients. Stir until well combined. Pour the batter into a lined muffin tin, filling 3/4 of each cup.
- In a small bowl, combine the crumble ingredients, and sprinkle the mixture over the tops of the muffins.
- Bake for 22 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean.
Leave a Comment