Chicken pot pie in a hot pocket is an easy meal in 30 minutes
Handheld chicken pot pie in a hot pocket. Yes, you heard me correctly. These little pockets are filled with a chicken pot pie mixture. It gets even better when you find out that they only take about 30 minutes from start to finish. Most chicken pot pies take that amount of time alone in the oven.
Wrap them up in a paper towel and you have a hot pocket to go. My husband was so pleased with this recipe that he is taking them to work for the rest of the week for his meal. Talk about some jealous co-workers who will be eating a boring sandwich.
Chicken pot pie in a hot pocket recipe
Easy handheld chicken pot pies that take about 30 minutes from start to finish. You can even wrap them up for lunch on the go.
Prep time: 13 minutes | Cook time: 18-20 minutes | Total time: 31-33 minutes
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables (green beans, corn, peas and carrots)
- 1 (10-3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1-1/2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg white
- 4 refrigerated pie crusts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add vegetables to a large skillet over medium heat. Cook for 10 minutes and then place heat on low. Stir in the cream of chicken, chicken and salt.
- Unroll the pie crusts and cut off outer edges to create a square shape. Cut the square into 4 equal pieces. Place 2 large scoops of the chicken mixture onto a piece of pie crust. Top with another piece and go around the center making sure all air is out of the pocket. Go around the edges with a fork to secure both pie crusts together. Make 2 small incisions on the top of the pie for air.
- Top with egg white and place on a baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 18 to 20 minutes.