Omelet breakfast pizza is a meal you'll want to wake up for
Everyone knows breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It helps fuel your body with much-needed energy, and some experts say it even assists in weight loss. Eggs are one of the most — if not the most — common ingredients for many of our breakfasts. While they are simple, easy and tasty, they can get super boring super quick. To make things fun for my family, I made an omelet "pizza."
By cooking fresh, organic eggs in your cast-iron skillet and topping them with cheese, fresh vegetables and crumbled turkey sausage, you've got an easy pizza fit for morning. You can even slice it just like pizza. Use any ingredients you have on hand, such as bacon, onions, mushrooms and even pepperoni. The fun is making it your own. (Plus it takes no time to make. Bonus!)
Easy skillet omelet breakfast pizza recipe
This breakfast dish comes together quickly by baking fresh, organic eggs in a skillet and topping them with any or all of your favorite pizza toppings. I recommend using a 10-inch cast-iron skillet (or any oven-safe pan).
Prep time: 10 minutes | Bake time: 30 minutes | Total time: 40 minutes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 6 large organic eggs
- 6 organic egg whites
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasonings
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded white cheddar (or other cheese)
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled turkey breakfast sausage
- 1/4 small red onion, minced
- 2 red jalapeño peppers, sliced thinly
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F, and gently brush a cast-iron skillet with 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the whole eggs, egg whites and the seasonings, mixing well until fluffy.
- Pour the egg mixture into the cast-iron pan, and bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until the eggs start to firm up.
- Remove the pan from the oven, and top with cheese, sausage and fresh vegetables.
- Place the skillet back into the oven, and bake until the eggs are completely set, about 10 to 15 additional minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and cut into slices.
- Best served warm.