Easy chicken fajita rice bowls perfect for busy weeknights
My favorite kinds of meals are the ones that can be ready in 30 minutes (or less) and not dirty a ton of dishes. This meal is super simple and only dirties two pots — one for the rice and one skillet for the chicken fajita mixture.
The chicken fajita dish couldn't be any easier. All you have to do is cook the sliced chicken with olive oil in a skillet. Once it's browned, the sliced bell peppers get added in, and then a McCormick Fajita with Roasted Chili, Garlic & Lime Skillet Sauce. This sauce is packed with delicious flavors — chili, garlic and lime. It's got a bit of a kick, but nothing too spicy. Even my 1-year-old went nuts over this dish.
If you want to change up the vegetables you use, you could try adding some broccoli, squash or cauliflower. Another vegetable that would be great would be some sliced yellow onions.
Easy chicken fajita rice bowls
Yields: 2-3 servings
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes I Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 packet McCormick Fajita with Roasted Chili, Garlic & Lime Skillet Sauce
- Prepare the rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, put the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Cut up the chicken into thin tenderloins and place into the oil.
- Cook until the chicken is browned. Then add the sliced bell peppers and continue to cook for another 3-4 minutes or until the peppers are tender.
- Stir in the sauce and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for another 3-4 minutes or until the chicken is completely cooked through.
- Separate the rice and place a bed of cooked rice on 2-3 plates, and then separate the fajita mixture evenly on top.
- Enjoy immediately.
This post is part of a collaboration with McCormick and SheKnows.