I bought my children's affections with this easy mocha icebox cake (VIDEO)
I typically don't make desserts. I mean — ever. On holidays, I'll squeeze out a pie or some cookies, but for the most part, I'd rather break out my stand mixer for a pan of cornbread than for a dozen cookies.
But my poor, deprived children are constantly asking for desserts and treats. And I think it will be only a matter of time before they realize homemade whole-wheat granola bars aren't really a dessert. Enter the icebox cake. While you will have to turn on the stove, it's only for a few minutes. And you can hand over your whisk to one of the littles while you pour yourself a glass of wine or help yourself to a cocktail. You deserve it.
- 2 cups heavy cream, chilled, divided
- 2-1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 3-1/2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 26 Nabisco Famous Chocolate Wafer cookies