Crispy turkey meatloaf Wellington
Comfort food is a staple for anyone wanting hearty meals and a little taste of home. This turkey meatloaf Wellington, wrapped in layers of buttery and flaky phyllo dough sheets, delivers on that comfort-food taste.
No one will guess that this home-cooked, delicious classic is a lightened-up version of everyone's favorite, meatloaf.
Turkey meatloaf Wellington
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 16 phyllo sheets
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl combine ground turkey, diced onion, salt, pepper, thyme leaves, parsley, panko crumbs, eggs and milk; mix until thoroughly combined and set aside.
- Lightly grease a jelly roll pan or line pan with parchment paper.
- Layer 8 pieces of phyllo sheets on the prepared pan, brushing each sheet with the melted butter before adding the next.
- Spoon half of the turkey mixture down the center third of phyllo dough to within 1 inch of ends.
- Fold up short sides to enclose filling.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with the long side. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand 15 minutes.
Disclosure: This post is part of a collaboration with Marie Callender's and SheKnows.