20-Minute soba noodles with veggies and Sriracha are an easy weeknight dinner
Lunchtime in my house is full of emotions. Most of the time I have been working for a few hours and have totally forgotten to eat breakfast. This means I'm starving beyond belief, and I'm teetering on the edge of what I like to call "the hangries."
The hangries is a mixed emotion of hungry and angry. Or really, it's just that I'm so hungry I start to get angry and super cranky. This means I need to eat lunch fast. Luckily this simple soba noodle dish always hits the spot.
This delicious dish is packed full of soba noodles, meaty shiitake mushrooms, mixed frozen vegetables and lots of fresh chopped kale. The best thing about this dish is that it's ready in just 20 minutes. From starving to full in just 20 minutes... You cannot beat that.
Spicy soba noodles with kale and shiitake mushrooms recipe
This healthy noodle dish is packed full of buckwheat soba noodles and lots of vegetables and shiitake mushrooms. A light soy sauce, ginger and garlic mixture adds a punch of flavor to this simple, superfast dish.
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes | Total time: 20 minutes
- 6 ounces soba noodles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms, stems removed, sliced
- 1 cup mixed frozen vegetables (mine included bell peppers, carrots, lima beans and onions)
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce (more if desired)
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1/3 cup vegetable stock
- 1 cup chopped curly kale
- 1/3 cup shaved fresh carrots
- Cook the soba noodles according to the bag directions, and set side until ready to use.
- To a large skillet set over medium-high heat, add the olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add in the mushrooms and frozen vegetables.
- Sauté until the vegetables just start to soften.
- Add in the soy sauce, garlic, Sriracha sauce and ginger. Cook until the liquid just starts to cook down.
- Add in the vegetable stock and kale. Cook for 5 minutes, until the kale starts to wilt.
- Add in the soba noodles, and toss to combine.
- Serve with a sprinkling of fresh grated carrots for crunch.