Half homemade chocolate-pumpkin cinnamon rolls are an easy fall breakfast
I love cinnamon rolls, but more times than not, I just make them from the can. I know how delicious homemade rolls can be, but I hate waiting for the dough to rise. I'm so impatient when it comes to cooking with yeast.
That's why when I made these rolls, I knew my life was changed. They give you the same texture as homemade cinnamon rolls but take hours less to make. Plus, no waiting for anything to rise. Hooray for instant gratification! These babies are packed full of a homemade pumpkin spice mixture and little, tiny chocolate chips.
Half homemade chocolate chip-pumpkin cinnamon rolls recipe
Autumn breakfasts just got a whole lot easier. Theselittle cinnamon rolls use premade crescent rolls and are packed full of a cinnamon-pumpkin mixture and a sprinkling of miniature chocolate chips.
Prep time: 15 minutes | Bake time: 20 minutes | Total time: 35 minutes
- 1 (8 count) package refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/3 cup miniature chocolate chips
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F, and spray an 8 x 8-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Unroll the crescent rolls, and press them together to create 1 uniform sheet.
- To a small skillet, add the pumpkin puree, dark brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice. Cook on medium heat until thickened. Let cool.
- Spread the pumpkin mixture on top of the crescent sheet, and sprinkle with miniature chocolate chips.
- Tightly roll up from the short side of the crescent sheet. Cut into 10 rolls, and place them into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, until golden brown.
- While the rolls are baking, put together the frosting.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together the cream cheese, heavy cream and vanilla bean paste until smooth. Mix in the powdered sugar. If the mixture is too thick to spread, then simply add more heavy cream until you reach the desired consistency.
- Spread the frosting over the pumpkin-cinnamon rolls, and serve hot.