Elevate your Rice Krispies Treats with pumpkin spice and browned butter
You know how people go around saying things are their jam? Well, Rice Krispies Treats are my jam. I could eat them at almost any time. They are so sweet and delicious, and that marshmallow chew is the best. This recipe doesn't deviate too far from the traditional one but delivers big on flavor.
To give these treats a taste of fall, I threw in a little pumpkin pie spice seasoning, and instead of just melted butter, I used browned butter. It brings a nice, nutty flavor to just about any dish, but it's my favorite when used in desserts. These are the perfect fall treat.
Browned butter pumpkin spice Rice Krispies Treats recipe
These sweet, pumpkin pie-spiced, jazzed-up Rice Krispies Treats are the perfect way to welcome fall. Plus, the addition of browned butter takes this simple treat and elevates it to a whole new level.
Yields 1 (9 x 13-inch) dish
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes | Inactive time: 30 minutes | Total time: 45 minutes
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- Spray a 9 x 13-inch dish with nonstick cooking spray. You can also line the dish with parchment paper if you prefer.
- Set a large, nonstick skillet over medium heat, and add the butter. Let the butter melt, and cook until it's slightly browned. You will know it's been browned when it starts to smell nutty.
- Pour in the marshmallows, and turn down the heat to low. Stir until the marshmallows melt and the mixture is smooth.
- Remove from the heat, and stir in the pumpkin pie spice.
- Pour the mixture into the cereal, and stir to coat.
- Press the cereal mixture into your prepared dish.
- Let the bars sit until set, about 30 minutes.