Stop spending all your money at Starbucks. This homemade iced chai latte is going to change your life.
If you’re anything like me, you spend too much money at Starbucks. Even in the middle of winter, I still order iced drinks, especially when those iced drinks are flavored with chai. I cannot stay away from chai, whether it’s plain, sweetened or lightened with just a touch of cream.
This version is lightly sweetened with dark brown sugar and mixed with creamy half-and-half. It’s the perfect way to save your money by simply making your own chai latte at home.
Starbucks copycat iced chai latte recipe
To make your iced chai latte extra fancy, top it with whipped cream, a drizzle of chocolate syrup and a shake of cinnamon.
- 4 cups water
- 8 chai tea bags
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons finely grated ginger
- 1 cup half-and-half
- To a medium saucepot, add the water, and bring it to a boil over high heat.
- Once boiling, remove from heat, and add the tea bags. Let steep for 5 minutes, then remove the tea bags, and stir in the brown sugar and grated ginger.
- Pour in the half-and-half, let the chai latte cool to room temperature, and serve over ice.
- Keep the mixture cold, and use it within 2 days.