Add a dash of pomegranates and herbs for an 'I love fall' guacamole
This guacamole not only tastes like fall but also looks like fall. The subtle flavor of herbs along with a touch of pomegranate give it a slightly sweet and savory twist.
I like to serve it with both the regular corn tortilla chips as well as blue corn chips to add even more color. To keep the guacamole a pretty light green color and give it a hint of tang, lemon juice is added. What's not to love about this fall guacamole?
"I love fall" guacamole recipe
Total time: 15 minutes
- 2 ripe avocados, skin removed, mashed
- 1/2 a lemon, juiced
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary leaves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh sage leaves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 Roma tomato, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or salt to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate arils (for garnish)
- 1 small sprig rosemary (for garnish)
- 2 small sage leaves (for garnish)
- 1 small sprig thyme (for garnish)
- To a medium-size bowl, add the avocado, lemon juice, rosemary, sage, thyme, cilantro, tomato, onion, jalapeño, salt and pepper. Mix together.
- Transfer the guacamole to a serving bowl.
- Top with pomegranate arils, and garnish with rosemary, sage and thyme.
- Serve with tortilla chips.