15 Gooey bread pudding recipes to dig into this fall
Bread pudding is rich, comforting and oh so easy to make with some stale bread, a couple of eggs, cream and one flavorful ingredient. This fall, make that flavorful ingredient seasonal, using pumpkins, apples, pears, squash and more.
Re-create these bread puddings at home with whatever seasonal fruits and spices you have on hand or that are in your local markets. Seasonal flavor inspiration is everywhere, so go out there and find it.
1. Pumpkin pie bread pudding with bourbon icing recipe
Blog: Eats Well with Others
This pumpkin pie bread pudding with bourbon icing is a great dessert to bring to your holiday parties.
2. Pumpkin bread pudding with maple rum raisin syrup recipe
Blog: Jelly Toast
The best part of this pumpkin bread pudding with maple rum raisin syrup is that syrup. Sweet, boozy and oh so perfect with the pumpkin.
3. Pumpkin bread pudding pie recipe
Blog: Crazy for Crust
Probably the most ingenious idea this season is to put pumpkin bread batter inside pie crust, like this pumpkin bread pudding pie.
4. Cranberry-pumpkin croissant bread pudding recipe
Blog: Girl Versus Dough
What better way to use day-old croissant than in this cranberry-pumpkin croissant bread pudding recipe?
5. Cranberry and coconut bread pudding with whiskey sauce recipe
Blog: This Mama Cooks!
Crazily enough, this cranberry and coconut bread pudding with whiskey sauce is gluten- and dairy-free but still as delicious as the regular kind.
6. White chocolate-cranberry bread pudding recipe
Blog: Lauren's Latest
The white chocolate sprinkled throughout this white chocolate-cranberry bread pudding adds great texture and flavor.
7. Cranberry bread pudding with rum cream sauce recipe
Blog: Wanna Be a Country Cleaver
Sometimes the sauce makes the dish, like in this cranberry bread pudding with rum cream sauce. Rum cream sauce? Yes, please!
8. Boozy gingerbread-eggnog bread pudding recipe
Blog: Boulder Locavore
The gingerbread spices in this boozy gingerbread-eggnog bread pudding recipe really warm up the dessert and make it ideal for serving on chilly nights when you're craving something sweet.
9. Apple cinnamon bread pudding recipe
Blog: Farmgirl Gourmet
The simple combination of fresh apples and spicy cinnamon makes this apple cinnamon bread pudding a classic seasonal flavor.
10. Skillet apple butter bread pudding recipe
Blog: Eclectic Recipes
There's nothing like this gooey, sweet and delicious skillet apple butter bread pudding. With only five ingredients plus the whipped cream and caramel topping, this is perfect for when you need a perfectly quick dessert.
11. Panettone apple bread pudding recipe
Blog: Running to the Kitchen
We're loving the use of the traditional Italian holiday sweet bread to make this panettone apple bread pudding.
12. Lighter caramelized pear bread pudding recipe
Blog: Can You Stay for Dinner?
This lighter caramelized pear bread pudding recipe is great for when pears start popping up at local markets.
13. Pecan pie bread pudding recipe
Blog: Something Swanky
Imagine your favorite holiday pie turned into custardy, delicious bread pudding! This pecan pie bread pudding is it.
14. Cinnamon-caramel bread pudding recipe
Blog: Recipe Girl
Combine spicy cinnamon with sweet, sticky caramel, and you've got this amazing cinnamon-caramel bread pudding, perfect for a holiday treat.
15. Eggnog breakfast bread pudding with cinnamon whipped cream recipe
Blog: Lauren's Latest
Who wouldn't want to wake up to this eggnog breakfast bread pudding with cinnamon whipped cream? We know we would.