Pumpkin spice pancakes are the best breakfast for fall
These pumpkin spice pancakes are everything you look for in a pancake — light and fluffy with crisp edges, plenty of flavor and easy to make. These pancakes will make the best ever fall breakfast.
My family goes absolutely nuts over these pancakes. They aren't your typical pancake and I attribute it to the creamy addition of the pumpkin pie spice coffee creamer made by International Delight®. The coffee creamer makes these pancakes ultra-light, flavorful and moist.
These pancakes are simple to make and you can easily double, or even triple the recipe. It's a great batter to make a few days in advance and store in the fridge. Come Thanksgiving time, I make a huge batch of this pancake batter and store it in the fridge. Then we have pumpkin spice pancakes for the few days leading up to Thanksgiving. It's a fun tradition and all thanks to this delicious recipe.
Pumpkin spice pancakes
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 3-4 minutes per pancake | Total Time: approximately 50 minutes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, not packed
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1-1/2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup International Delight® Pumpkin Pie Spice coffee creamer
- Optional: syrup
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice together until combined. Set aside.
- Beat together the pumpkin, brown sugar, egg yolk, oil, coffee creamer and milk in a large bowl until smooth.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and beat until combined. The batter will be really thick.
- Heat a griddle or skillet over medium heat. Coat with cooking spray or butter. Once hot, drop about 1/4 cup of batter on the griddle. Cook until bubbles begin to form on the sides, about 1 minute. Flip and cook on the other side until cooked through.
- Cover with syrup if desired.
This post was sponsored by International Delight®.