These three-dimensional oven cookies are kitschy, cute and clever because there’s another sweet treat hidden inside.
All you need to make these easy, edible appliances are graham crackers, candy melts and a few chocolate candies. They would be perfect for holiday cookie exchanges, housewarming parties or baby showers. (Is that a bun in the oven?)
Gather your ingredients to make assembly quick and easy.
Build one half of the oven first, then let it dry and cool.
Remember to leave the front of the oven open for your secret treat.
If you don’t have a tiny cookie cutter to cut the oven window, you can also use an X-Acto knife.
Put a mini cupcake inside the oven.
The pretzel handle can be attached using chocolate chips or mini M&Ms.
Candy melts are the perfect size for stovetop burners.
Stack the bottoms of the Kit Kats together and attach the M&M candies for stovetop controls.
A small strip of fruit roll-up makes the perfect little hand towel.
For a fun gender-reveal party idea, you could use pink or blue cupcakes.
Kitschy kitchen cookies recipe
- Graham cracker squares (6 per oven)
- Peanut butter candy melts
- Chocolate candy melts
- Kit Kat candy bars
- Brown mini M&M candies
- Brown plain M&M candies
- Chocolate chips
- Pretzel sticks
- Pre-made mini cupcakes (optional)
- Fruit roll-up (optional)
- Heat about 2 ounces of peanut butter candy melts in a microwave-safe dish for 30 seconds. Stir until smooth. Start building the oven by attaching 3 graham cracker squares together with candy melt (the bottom and 2 sides.) Allow to cool and dry.
- Attach the fourth graham cracker on the side and 1 more on top. Allow to cool and dry.
- Using a small square or rectangle cookie cutter, carefully cut the oven window in the remaining graham cracker square. (You can heat the graham cracker in a microwave for about 15 seconds to soften it before cutting.)
- Insert a pre-made mini cupcake (optional) into the oven box shape, before adding candy melt to the door and sealing it shut. Allow to dry and cool.
- Make the oven door handle by putting a dab of candy melt on two chocolate chips and attach a pretzel stick. Allow to dry and cool.
- Cut 2 chocolate candy melts with a small circle cookie cutter to make the small burners for the stovetop.
- Attach the candy accessories to the graham cracker oven and stovetop with dabs of candy melt.
- If desired, make a mini hand towel from a strip of fruit roll-ups and hang it over the pretzel door handle.