The ultimate savory lunch: when pancakes meet cheese and bacon. It’s no lie that I love and adore all foods when bacon is added to it. With the addition of bacon, this dish elevates to a whole new level in my opinion.
Now lets talk about pancakes. They are awesome for breakfast, lunch or dinner. I decided to add the usual bacon side to the actual pancake and of course it needed some cheese. I prefer mine without syrup but the rest of my family devoured their pancakes with syrup drizzled all over.
If you have pancakes left over place them in a zip-close bag and freeze until ready to use.
Savory bacon and cheese pancakes recipe
Yields 10 pancakes
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1-1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1-1/2 cups regular milk
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 4 slices baked bacon, chopped
- In a bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and sugar. Create a well in the center and stir in eggs, buttermilk, milk and unsalted butter. Add in the cheese and bacon.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over low/medium heat. Pour a little of the batter in and cook until bubbles start forming on the top side. Flip and cook for an additional 30-45 seconds.
- Top with additional cheese, bacon crumbs or syrup.