26 Recipes to make before September is over
We've rounded up all our favorite recipes from September, whether they're seasonal ingredients or just plain cool dishes. So get that "Pin It" button ready; it's about to get a workout.
1. How to make homemade butter (in a stand mixer)
Who knew homemade butter was so easy to make? You'll never buy it at the store again.
Snacks and appetizers
2. Southwest loaded sweet potato skins
No need to feel guilty about eating these sweet potato skins stuffed with tons of flavor.
3. Spicy beer-marinated chicken drumsticks
Football season requires beer-marinated drumsticks, doesn't it?
4. Poutine-topped sliders with Sriracha sauce
The ultimate slider: Poutine and Sriracha. Yes, please.
5. Tomato-basil soup with grilled cheese croutons
You win at lunch if you serve a classic tomato soup topped with miniature grilled cheese sandwiches.
6. Mason jar chicken salad with pineapple and potatoes
Make your coworkers jealous with the ultimate portable gourmet lunch: Mason jar chicken salad.
7. Crispy sausage and steak flatbread pizza
Because lunch at your desk doesn't have to be PB&J.
8. Roasted cherry and walnut compound butter over steak
Compound butter adds decadent flavor to a mouthwatering steak.
9. Pepperoni and cheese Hasselback potatoes
Baked potatoes are good, but stuff 'em with pepperoni and cheese and you've got a new favorite side dish.
10. Mango-Sriracha fried rice
Sweet, spicy and so good.
11. Southwestern rice with chorizo and broccoli rabe
When you need dinner on the table in minutes, turn to this super-fast chorizo and rice meal.
12. Easy, cheesy, pull-apart pepperoni pizza bread
It's like pizza, but way more fun.
13. Corn and quinoa-stuffed poblano peppers with cilantro cream sauce
Meatless Monday, or any day for that matter, just got tastier.
14. Duck noodle soup
Roast a duck, then reap the rewards for the rest of the week. Case in point: Drool-worthy duck noodle soup.
15. One-skillet extra-creamy pasta with garlic chicken
Cheesy, creamy pasta and only one pan to clean? Winner.
16. Vegan eggplant, asparagus and black bean tacos
Who needs meat when you have loaded vegan tacos like these?
17. Chicken pot pie empanadas
It's chicken pot pie in an empanada. C'mon!
18. Crispy tempeh-stuffed dumplings with hearty bean chili soup
Vegans need chili with dumplings, too.
19. Spaghetti with seafood ragù
This seafood twist on ragù alla Bolognese will blow your mind.
20. Fig tartlets with custard cream and pistachios
Make these gorgeous mini tarts while you can get your hands on ripe, juicy figs.
21. Chocolate twist bread
This decadent chocolate bread might look like it came from a bakery, but it's actually easy to make.
22. Gluten-free skillet berry cobbler
Berry season may be waning, but good news: You can make this skillet cobbler with frozen berries, too.
23. Candy-filled Rice Krispies Treat globe
Wouldn't we all be just a little happier knowing the center of the world was filled with candy?
24. Campfire dessert cone
S'mores are so last season. Your campfire needs these gooey, chocolaty dessert cones.
25. Slow-roasted peach and fig bourbon cocktail
With peaches and figs, this bourbon cocktail practically screams fall.
26. Hard cider whiskey cocktail
Gone are the days of raspberry mojitos and strawberry daiquiris. Enter the hard cider whiskey cocktail.