There’s absolutely no reason you can’t have chocolate for breakfast and these pancakes prove it. Forget the chocolate chips, these pancakes are chocolaty inside and out.
These flapjacks are filled with cocoa powder making them downright indulgent before the sauce even gets poured on top. The chocolate yogurt sauce is the perfect way to top off this indulgent treat and mouths will be watering as it drips down the sides of each stack. It’s a great weekend treat the kids (and you) will love.
Chocolate pancakes with chocolate yogurt sauce recipe
Yields 2 servings
For the pancakes
- 1-1/4 cups flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or oil
For the chocolate sauce
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Preheat a pancake griddle over medium heat.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients and whisk until well combined.
- Grease the griddle with butter or baking spray and pour about 1/4 cup of the batter onto griddle.
- Cook until edges are set and bubbles are coming through, flip and cook on the other side for about 1 minute until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and repeat with remaining batter.
- Melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl. Add the yogurt and stir until well combined.
- Plate the pancakes and pour chocolate sauce on top.