Fall is my absolute favorite season of the year. The air gets crisper, pumpkins are everywhere and kids get excited for Halloween. With these changes I also change the foods I buy. I try to stay local and eat only produce that is in season or organic. This rustic fall galette makes eating vegetables simple with a buttery crust layered with tomatoes, zucchini, squash and creamy roasted garlic ricotta.
For this recipe I used a pre-made pie crust to save time and filled it with creamy cheese and a layer of fresh vegetables. I also decided to add fresh oregano to the finished product for a pop of color and extra flavor. This doubles as not only a light dinner, but would also be a perfect starter to a dinner party paired with wine and even a drizzle of balsamic reduction if desired.
Rustic fall vegetable galette recipe
- 1 (9 inch) pie crust
- 1/2 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 2 heads roasted garlic, cloves removed
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 yellow squash, sliced
- Fresh oregano for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out the pie crust and place it on the baking sheet.
- In a bowl combine the ricotta cheese, roasted garlic cloves, oregano and seasonings. Mix well and spread evenly in the center of the pie crust leaving a small border around the edge.
- Carefully arrange the vegetables on top of the ricotta cheese and fold the sides of the pie crust up slightly covering the vegetables.
- Bake the galette for 35 minutes or until the crust becomes a golden brown color.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Garnish with fresh oregano and cut into wedges.
- Best served warm or at room temperature.