Of course ice cream is delicious and great on its own, but I decided to do these super cute and easy brownie “bowls” to make it even more tasty. Rather than using chocolate, I went with a butterscotch-flavored brownie. If you don’t have butterscotch, a good quality vanilla will work just fine in this recipe.
Butterscotch blondie brownie bowls with ice cream recipe
Yields 12 servings
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large whole eggs
- 1 teaspoon butterscotch extract or pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 container strawberry ice cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and spray a muffin tin generously with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl combine the butter, eggs, butterscotch extract and brown sugar. Using a stand or hand mixer beat the mixture on high until smooth and creamy.
- In a separate mixing bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until there are no lumps and the batter is smooth.
- Using a spoon or small cookie scoop begin filling each muffin cup about 3/4 full with the blondie batter.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until the centers of the brownies are baked.
- Remove from the oven and immediately, using something very small with a flat bottom (a shot glass, cup or a spoon), gently press the centers of each brownie down forming a “bowl.” Remove from the muffin pan and allow to cool 30 minutes on a wire rack.
- To serve fill the center of each blonde brownie with a large scoop of the ice cream and serve immediately.