Cheesy smoked salmon tortilla roll-ups
One of our favorite foods to indulge in while working is this smoked salmon pizza we order from a nearby restaurant. It's ridiculously delicious, but sadly not one of those foods we should be eating all the time. Fortunately, we found something that hits the spot and doesn't make us feel guilty — smoked salmon tortilla roll-ups.
These are so simple, and so easy to make. We use The Laughing Cow Creamy Original Swiss spread on top of a whole wheat tortilla, then top it with smoked salmon and dill. We love this recipe because you can really load up on that smoked salmon and make these little bites pretty substantial if you want to use this recipe for lunch. It's also perfect for breakfast. Think bagel and lox, but without all those carbs.
These smoked salmon bites keep really well in refrigerator, so they are ideal for taking to work, or making the night before for a quick breakfast on the go. You can also get creative here and add a whole lot of other things to these bites, maybe a little lettuce, or onion or even tomato. This is one of those recipes that is meant to inspire you to get creative. Enjoy!
- 2 (8 inch) whole wheat tortillas
- 4 The Laughing Cow Creamy Original Swiss wedges
- 4 ounces cold smoked salmon
- 4 sprigs fresh dill
- Evenly spread two wedges of The Laughing Cow over the surface of each tortilla.
- Lay 2 ounces of smoked salmon over half of each tortilla and top with dill.
- Carefully roll each tortilla into a tight roll and place onto a cutting board, seam-side down.
- Cut each tortilla roll into 8 pieces (so they look like sushi roll pieces), stand cut-side up and serve.
Disclosure: This post is part of a collaboration with The Laughing Cow and SheKnows.