One-Pot Wonder: Mustard, sausage and onions in a skillet
Quick dinners with few ingredients don't have to be short on flavor. This one-skillet meal is super fast, super easy, but super delicious.
I always keep a pack or two of sausages in the refrigerator for my "emergency" dinners. Sometimes I slice them in the middle and pop them onto the griddle, or sometimes I boil them, depending on the kind I have at the moment. Then they go straight to a sandwich bun. But there are times when I feel like making them a bit fancier, so I make this sausage-and-onion skillet. With a dollop of Dijon mustard, the taste is wonderful. In fact, it doesn't seem like an emergency dinner anymore. Plus, there's only one skillet to clean up after cooking.
Mustard, sausage and onions in a skillet recipe
- 2 large white onions, sliced
- Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- 4 sausages
- In a skillet with olive oil over medium heat, sauté the onions for 15 minutes.
- Add the mustard, and cook for another 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the sausages, and cook until they are cooked through, about 10 minutes, depending on their thickness.
- Serve while hot.