This boozy Thai iced tea is your perfect Hump Day cocktail
Sometimes it just makes sense to add a little bourbon to your iced tea, especially when you've had a long week. This classic iced tea is made with a unique brewed Thai loose leaf tea and is mixed with heavy cream and a hefty swig of Jim Beam bourbon. Now this is a tea I could sip on a big swing on a veranda.
If you've never had Thai tea in a restaurant, your life is about to change. It'll appear orange, but don't worry, that's normal. The orange and black color of the tea will sink to the bottom when you add in the heavy cream, giving it a beautiful gradient appearance. Spiked with booze, this might be the prettiest cocktail ever.
Boozy Thai iced tea recipe
- 1 cup Pantai Thai Tea Mix
- 3-3/4 cups water
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons to 1/4 cup Jim Beam bourbon
- Heavy cream
- Bring the water to a boil and add in the tea mix. Whisk in the sugar and stir until the sugar is completely dissolved. Boil the tea for least 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let steep for about 30 minutes. The longer you steep the stronger the flavor. Once steeped, remove the tea leaves by straining over a wire mesh strainer.
- Pour the tea into a pitcher and add in whiskey (start with 3 tablespoons and add more to taste). Stir to combine.
- Fill 4 glasses halfway with ice. Pour tea/whiskey mixture into the glasses, filling 3/4 of the way. Top the remainder of the glasses with heavy cream and give a light stir.