Strawberry and peach crostinis with swiss spread
One of our favorite things about summer is all the fresh, seasonal produce that is so readily available everywhere. While it's pretty easy to find strawberries year-round (in most places in the U.S.), it isn't until spring/summer that they get especially sweet and juicy. Stone fruit season is also here and we've been finding ourselves overloading on peaches, plums, apricots, etc. So good.
Aside from just straight up eating glorious fruit in its natural state, we love incorporating it into our snacks and meals in a variety of ways. One of our favorite things to do with fresh fruit is to give it a savory pairing. Enter fruit-topped,The Laughing Cow-loaded crostini. These super quick and easy snacks are a fun and unique alternative to the standard tomato and basil bruschetta. We love the balance between the sweet fruit and savory cheese spread, finished with a crispy crostini for texture. It's a snack that will keep you totally satisfied and wanting more.
We used strawberries and peaches for our fruit-topped crostini, but The Laughing Cow Creamy Original Swiss goes well with so many different flavors that we encourage you all to get a little creative and mix it up with some of your favorite seasonal fruit. Diced plums with a little tarragon (for a little anise flavor at the end)... why not? Thinly sliced fig topped with fresh basil?... yes, please. Even a little bit of cubed salami and a schmear of jam? Yum. The combination of options are endless.
For your next midday snack attack, try something a little different with your The Laughing Cow cheese wedges, like these fruit-topped crostini recipes.
Strawberry black pepper fruit-topped crostini
- 4 The Laughing Cow Creamy Original Swiss Wedges
- 10 crostini
- 5 strawberries, hulled and diced
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
Peach oregano fruit-topped crostini
- 1 ripe yellow peach, seeded and diced
- 20 oregano leaves
- Salt to taste
- Spread a small amount of The Laughing Cow cheese over each crostini. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine strawberries and black pepper. Top half of the crostini with the strawberry mixture and serve.
- In another small mixing bowl, combine the diced peach and oregano. Lightly season with salt and toss together. Top remaining crostini with peach mixture and serve.
Disclosure: This post is part of a collaboration with The Laughing Cow and SheKnows.