Madeleine cookie cupcake pops will make your life more colorful
Give madeleine cookies a colorful makeover, and turn them into adorable cupcake pops.
I love cupcakes as much as everyone else, but every once in awhile, you have to change things up a bit. For these fun "cupcake" pops, all you need is a madeleine baking pan, ice pop sticks, some food coloring, white chocolate and your favorite sprinkles.
In case you're not familiar with madeleines, they are little buttery clouds of goodness that are part cake and part cookie. They are so good that pans were invented to make them. I thought the traditional shell shape of these cookies would also make perfect little cupcakes.
Mix up the batter, and tint it with your favorite colors. This will look like the cupcake liners.
Colored batter can be added to ziplock bags to pipe the lines or other design.
After they are baked and have cooled, add an ice pop stick to the madeleines, dip the tops into melted white chocolate (or regular chocolate would be fun too), and top them with fun sprinkles. Don't forget to add a "cherry" on top!
Madeleine cupcake pops can be wrapped up and given out as cute party favors too. Make some for your next celebration.
Madeleine cookie cupcake pops recipe
To make the madeleines
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- Food gel colors
To make the pops
- 18 ice pop or cake pop sticks
- 1 cup white chocolate or candy melts
- Assorted sprinkles
- Red round candies
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray a madeleine pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs and vanilla for 5 minutes.
- Gradually beat in the confectioners' sugar until thick and satiny.
- Sift the flour with the baking powder, and add 1/2 to the egg-vanilla mixture. Once combined, add the second 1/2 of the flour mixture.
- Fold in the melted (cooled) butter.
- Separate the batter equally into 3 bowls.
- Add food gel to each bowl until you get the desired color.
- Add each color to a ziplock bag. Snip off a small corner, and pipe lines (or the desired design) into each madeleine cavity.
- Bake the madeleines for 7 to 8 minutes, until just done. Check them to make sure the edges do not over-brown.
- Melt the white chocolate in the microwave in 20-second intervals until just melted.
- Dip the pop stick into the chocolate, and then insert it into the bottom of the madeleine. Let harden (place in the refrigerator for 5 minutes to speed up the hardening process).
- Dip the tops of the madeleines into the chocolate, and use a knife to spread it if needed (this should look like cupcake frosting).
- While the cupcake pops are still wet, add sprinkles and then a candy "cherry" on top.
- Let the chocolate harden for about 45 minutes at room temperature or 10 minutes in the refrigerator.