DIY crepes that taste just like the ones at your favorite restaurant (VIDEO)
Crepes are one of my favorite foods to order at a restaurant, especially for breakfast. I love to eat them with fruit and yogurt in the middle, but I never made them at home because I thought it was too complicated. This recipe tells you everything you need to know about making easy crepes at home that taste delicious. Whether you eat them for breakfast, lunch or dinner, these crepes are sure to impress.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- In a bowl, sift together the dry ingredients, and set them aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs.
- Beat in the milk and vanilla.
- Slowly beat in the flour mixture until mixed well.
- Stir in the melted butter.
- Chill the batter for 1 hour.
- Keeping the crepe pan on medium to high heat, pour a small amount of batter (about 1/3 to 1/2 cup) into the pan, and quickly swirl the pan around so the batter covers the entire bottom.
- When the crepe begins to bubble and brown on the edges, flip it over to the other side by gently jerking the pan to loosen the crepe and then flipping, or use a spatula.
- Place the crepe onto a paper towel, and cover with foil.