Change the way you have chai tea with this ice pop recipe (VIDEO)
Chai tea is a delicious drink that offers a lot of health benefits. Chai tea and chai tea lattes can be found at virtually every coffee shop you can think of. Why not mix up the usual chai tea drink and make refreshing ice pops instead? The ice pops are a perfect way to enjoy chai tea but keep the way you consume it interesting and fresh.
- 2 cups water
- 1 star anise
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Pinch ground cloves
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 6 whole peppercorns
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split down the middle
- 8 cardamom seeds, gently crushed
- 2 bags black tea
- 1-1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1/4 cup erythritol sweetener, such as Swerve or 1/4 teaspoon liquid stevia extract
- Additional sweetener, to taste
- In a medium saucepan, combine the water, cinnamon sticks, ginger, vanilla bean, anise, cardamom, peppercorns and cloves. Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat to low, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and add the tea bags. Let steep 5 to 10 minutes.
- Pour the mixture through a strainer, and let it cool completely.
- Stir in the cream and sweetener. Add additional sweetener to taste.
- Pour the mixture into ice pop molds, and freeze for 1 hour.
- Insert wooden ice pop sticks about 2/3 of the way down into the molds, and continue to freeze until solid, another 2 or 3 hours.