Try these spicy sausage tarts in puff pastry cups for an adorable appetizer
These miniature pop-able tarts pack a serious flavor punch thanks to the delicious sausage and spicy dressing. They may look complicated, but they can be on the table in less than 30 minutes.
The pastry part is a packaged-item — all you have to do is bake and they inflate into the cup. Once the cups are baked, you just stuff them with the sausage mixture which takes less than 10 minutes to put together. The mixture is creamy, cheesy and spicy. The finishing touch is a fresh sprig of parsley if desired. Enjoy.
Spicy sausage tarts recipe
Serves 24 tarts
- One (9.5 ounce) box Puff Pastry Cups (24 count)
- 1 pound Jimmy Dean Original Sausage Crumbles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces Hidden Valley Spicy Ranch Dressing
- Fresh parsley, optional
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Bake the puff pastry cups according to package instructions. As soon as they come out of the oven, use the end of a wooden spoon to poke down the middle of each pastry.
- Meanwhile heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the pan and brown the sausage in it. Transfer sausage to paper towel-lined plate. Drain fat from skillet and return pan to the stove.
- Add in the chopped peppers and stir until tender.
- Stir in the spicy ranch dressing and cheddar cheese.
- Pack the mixture into the prepared and baked pastry cups.
- If desired, top the cups with fresh parsley.
- Enjoy while warm.