No time for breakfast? Don’t worry. Just let these chocolate and oat bars help you out. The best part is that they are perfect for any age.
Personally I’m not a huge cereal fan, so anytime I can combine cereal and chocolate together, it’s a win-win for me. These square bars will give you just the boost you need for the rest of the day.
Chocolate and oat breakfast bars recipe
- 1-1/2 cups oats
- 3/4 cup Cheerios
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chip morsels
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus an extra pinch
For the chocolate sauce
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chip morsels
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except for those on the chocolate sauce list. Mix until well combined, and then lay 1/2 the mixture into a greased 8 x 11-inch baking dish. Press down the batter so it is well packed and level.
- In a small double boiler, melt the butter, and then add the condensed milk and 1-1/2 cups of morsels. Keep mixing until melted, and then pour the chocolate sauce over the batter.
- Top with the rest of the batter. It might not cover all of the top, and that’s fine. Press down lightly to ensure it is well attached to the chocolate.
- Bake for 15 minutes.