Try chocolate and oat bars for an easy on-the-go breakfast made at home
No time for breakfast? Don't worry. Just let these chocolate and oat bars help you out. The best part is that they are perfect for any age.
Personally I'm not a huge cereal fan, so anytime I can combine cereal and chocolate together, it's a win-win for me. These square bars will give you just the boost you need for the rest of the day.
Chocolate and oat breakfast bars recipe
- 1-1/2 cups oats
- 3/4 cup Cheerios
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chip morsels
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus an extra pinch
For the chocolate sauce
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chip morsels
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except for those on the chocolate sauce list. Mix until well combined, and then lay 1/2 the mixture into a greased 8 x 11-inch baking dish. Press down the batter so it is well packed and level.
- In a small double boiler, melt the butter, and then add the condensed milk and 1-1/2 cups of morsels. Keep mixing until melted, and then pour the chocolate sauce over the batter.
- Top with the rest of the batter. It might not cover all of the top, and that's fine. Press down lightly to ensure it is well attached to the chocolate.
- Bake for 15 minutes.