Make your own healthy fruit snacks that taste like the real deal (VIDEO)
Love fruit snacks but hate the nutrition label? I know I do. This healthy alternative is a great way to get that fruit snack taste but save on the sugar. Your kids and friends will never know the difference between these tasty snacks and the ones from the store.
With a little time and love, you can make a delicious, healthy fruit snack to give yourself an alternative treat.
- 2-1/4 cups organic strawberries
- 1/2 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 5 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup unflavored gelatin
- In a blender, combine the strawberries, lemon juice and honey, and puree.
- Strain the mixture to remove the seeds.
- Pour the mixture into a nonstick saucepan, sprinkle the gelatin on top, and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Whisk out any large gelatin lumps.
- Bring to a boil while constantly stirring.
- Remove from heat once it has boiled for 30 seconds.
- Let the mixture sit for a few minutes so the foam and bubbles have a chance to settle.
- Pour the mixture into your molds of choice.
- Let the molds cool on the counter for about 1 hour.
- Place the molds in the fridge, and refrigerate until firm.